Aggie Victory Bell
A key piece of NMSU tradition to look for at Aggie football games is the Aggie Victory Bell. The bell was made by Stuckstede and Brothers Company from St. Louis, MO, and donated by the graduating class of 1939. This bell has had several homes on campus from a gazebo on the horseshoe to the Tower of Goddard Hall, to the Engineering Complex where it got its original name "The Engineers Bell." Now the bell resides on the South end zone in Aggie Memorial Stadium.
After each winning home football game, a group of students help to ring the bell celebrating the Aggie victory. In 1942, after the Aggies clenched the Border Conference Championship, the bell was rung continuously for 24 hours for the campus and the community to celebrate the athletic achievement.